Story the Bible (Telling God’s Story) – Brisbane City
28 Sept-1 Oct 2018
Register (single) Register (couple)
Story The Bible workshop, Friday 21st September – Monday 1st October 2018 (Labour Day weekend)
Biblical story telling is taking off around the world as a way to share the Word of God with those who would not normally read or even listen to it.
Story the Bible (Sharing God’s Story) is a three day workshop in which you will learn five skills of a good Bible storyteller: how to –
- Craft stories that present the Biblical content in an interesting way
- Revise and polish them to ensure they are simple to tell, accurate to Scripture and easy to remember
- Tell your stories in a way that grips your audience, with facial expressions and body language reinforcing the words
- Teach them to others, that they may tell and teach them too and the Word of God may spread around the world
- Lead a study on the story that challenges the hearers to apply the truths of Scripture to their own lives.
Venue: Ann Street Presbyterian Church, 143 Ann St, Brisbane
Times: Friday 6:00-9:00pm – dinner provided at 6:00pm
Saturday 8:30am-5:00pm – lunch and teas provided
Sunday 8:30am-5:00pm – including church service; teas provided
Monday 8:30am-3:30pm – lunch and teas provided.
Sorry – no part-timers. If you can’t come for the three days please consider an alternative workshop. See wycliffe.org.au/events for some options.
Cost: $110. Couples sharing textbooks $180.
Earlybird discount $20 per person for registrations received before 28th August.
Deposit – (required to secure booking; not refundable) – $20 per person.
To register, click on the appropriate orange registration button at the top of the page.
Registration will only be accepted on payment of a deposit. This deposit is not refundable.
Registrations close 26th September.
For further information contact: Malcolm Barker, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 0400 222 122.