Community Development Worker
1-2 YEARS | AFRICA
We are looking for someone to work with a language team in a local community using their facilitation and training skills to promote holistic, transformational community development. The Community Development Worker focuses on the community engagement process while linking communities with resources for attaining their desired development goals.
- Facilitates the training of local leaders of the local ethnic community to identify their own goals, needs and/or the resources for meeting those needs.
- Leads community development workshops and training courses to meet local community interests, goals, and/or needs.
- Assists the language development team in engaging with the local community in healthy, sustainable ways.
- Networks to find technical and organisational assistance and/or other agencies with whom the community may wish to partner.
- Work with various aspects of language development (such as literacy, translation, ethno-arts, etc.) to facilitate a sustainable language program and holistic transformational development.
- Undergraduate degree in Community Development or a related field.
- Multicultural experience is desirable.
- Community development experience is helpful.
Please contact us to discuss any training plans. Future training pathways will take into account any previous training and work experiences as well as your intended duration of service. Flexible options are available including online and on-field training.
- Six weeks’ language and culture training called Launch.
- Possibly a couple of relevant units in year-long course at SIL Australia.
- Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria.