1-2 YEARS | PACIFIC
Responsible for handling the business affairs of SIL Vanuatu.
- Pays bills, pays local employees.
- Data entry for weekly expenditures.
- Keeps financial records and prepares annual financial report.
- Audits financial status of entity accounts.
- Once per year, assists Director in preparing operating budget draft.
- Maintains work and residence permits of all entity staff.
- Liaises with government re: customs/import.
- Assists our SIL teams with financial questions.
- May additionally make purchases for teams in the villages, assist the director with various tasks, liaise with the cleaning staff, and other jobs as needed.
- It is understood that the specific responsibilities of this position may be adjusted by the entity administration.
- Competent in MS Office, especially Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Previous accounting experience helpful.
- Understands and respects multicultural issues and demonstrates effective cross-cultural relationships.
- University education preferred.
Please contact us to discuss any training plans. Future training pathways will take into account any previous training and work experiences as well as your intended duration of service. Flexible options are available including online and on-field training.
- Some biblical training.
- Some type of language and culture training course would be helpful.
- Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria.