LONG TERM | AUSTRALIA
Tree Tops Lodge Cairns, in beautiful Far North Queensland, is a joint venture of Wycliffe Bible Translators Australia and Mission Aviation Fellowship Australia. It provides accommodation for missionaries, those interested in supporting missions, and the public, in a peaceful Christian atmosphere. We are offering two full-time volunteer roles (historically a husband and wife team) as Motel Managers.
Working as part of our team you will be involved in supervising other team members, general maintenance (buildings, grounds and cars), servicing and assisting with cleaning of rooms, reception and administrative duties. These positions are physically demanding and work on a shared roster which includes weekends and some evenings.
Candidates will need to be either Australian or New Zealand citizens or permanent residents. Accommodation will be provided for the successful applicants. This is a voluntary, unsalaried position and as members of Mission Aviation Fellowship or Wycliffe Bible Translators, applicants will need to raise their own financial support.
This is a two-year appointment commencing 2018
Find out more about Tree Tops Lodge Cairns here.
- Manage the motel well, in accordance with the Mission Statement
- Effectively organise and supervise volunteer staff
- Interact well with guests and provide a warm and friendly environment
- Work as a team in completing tasks
- Ensure that the managing of bookings and other services are completed with a high level of proficiency
- A strong Christian faith
- Ability to organise and supervise volunteer staff
- Administrative and computer skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent financial management skills
- Clear communication skills—written and verbal
- Team-working abilities
- Good overall health and fitness
- General maintenance and gardening skills
- A servant heart and desire to work in the hospitality industry
Please contact us to discuss any training plans.
- Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria