Children’s Program Coordinator
LESS THAN 1 YEAR | PACIFIC
Are you an experienced teacher who loves children and loves seeing them learn and grow? Are you interested in cross-cultural ministry? The Pacific Orientation Course (POC), in Papua New Guinea, may be the place for you! This course is designed to equip participants with the tools for ongoing learning in cross-cultural ministry. It provides foundational instruction for the acquisition of Melanesian Pidgin language skills as well as opportunities to grow spiritually and personally. Critical to the success of a training/orientation program is the provision of cultural orientation and education opportunities for the children of the POC participants. How about joining the POC staff and working alongside dedicated expatriate and PNG staff to equip enthusiastic new workers and their children for their cross-cultural ministry. Interested in learning more? Contact your local Wycliffe office for details.
- Responsible for assisting with the cultural orientation and education of children of the participants and staff at the Pacific Orientation Course.
- No record of child abuse or harassment, as defined by SIL policy.
- Valid teaching certificate or equivalent.
- Experience as tutor helpful.
- Minimum one (1) year teaching experience.
- Possesses a love for children.
- Able to work with a variety of educational systems and programs.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys the outdoors and is physically able to hike in rugged terrain.
Please contact us to discuss any training plans. Future training pathways will take into account any previous training and work experiences as well as your intended duration of service. Flexible options are available including online and on-field training.
- Some biblical training.
- Six weeks’ language and culture training called Launch.
- Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria.