IT Network Administrator
LESS THAN 1 YEAR | AFRICA
We have a high priority, immediate need for an Network Administrator with French language skills. There is no one trained to maintain the crucial network for our faithful team working in Chad. Chad is partly in the Sahara desert in the north, with savannah and grasslands in the south. As varied as the geographical locations, are Chad’s people, languages and cultures. SIL Chad needs people who are willing to live and work under hard climatic and lifestyle conditions to enable these language groups to learn to read and write, and be able to have the Word of God in their heart language. This position is in need of the one God calls, right now. Pray and consider joining us in reaching out to the many still waiting to hear.
- Design, develop, and deploy local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
- Create and implement policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
- Establish and maintain network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Train users on software and equipment.
- Consult with others to develop system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
- Appropriate training and experience as an IT network administrator.
Please contact us to discuss any training plans. Future training pathways will take into account any previous training and work experiences as well as your intended duration of service. Flexible options are available including online and on-field training.
- Some type of language and culture training course would be helpful.
- Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria.